The school was founded in 1897 and the original building houses all the junior children. The building comprises of nine class bases, a resource base, a library, a study room, staff room, music room, PE store, Computing Suite and a large central hall with storage area. A disabled toilet, shower and changing area have also been added to this building.
Four infant classes, a disabled toilet and changing area and the administration centre, are housed in the newer building constructed in 1967 and added to in 1997. This building also has a hall, catering block, library, a disabled tiolet, shower and changing area, resource/store facilities, office, Headteacher's room and special needs, resources and meeting room. Recent internal modernisation has taken place in both buildings.
Both buildings are accessable for wheelchair users and have extensive hard and soft play areas and are connected by a foot-bridge over Mearley Brook.
The school playing fields and the environmental area are at the rear of the junior playground.
8.40 am Children should not arrive before 8.40 am. On arrival they should go straight to class where their teacher will be present.
8.50 - 12.00 Morning Session - Infants (including 15 mins break)
8.50 - 12.30 Morning Session - Juniors (incl. 1 x 15 mins break)
1.00 - 3.15 pm Afternoon Session - Infants (including 15 mins break)
1.30 - 3.20 pm Afternoon Session - Juniors